Welcome to my blog! If you’re here, you’re probably wondering what’s going on with my comment section. While I highly value feedback, this is my house and we play by my rules.
So here is my comments policy. By posting on my blog, you agree to the following:
- The first time you comment on my blog, it won’t show up immediately. I am the only moderator so the first time you comment, it will be held for my review. After I approve your first comment, all your other comments will come through immediately.
- You may post anonymously. I don’t recommend this, but I recognize your right to privacy. I may change this rule if it is abused.
- You may disagree with me. I welcome debate. However, I ask that if you disagree with me—or anyone else, for that matter—do so in a way that is respectful. And I have SOLE discretion on what is respectful here.
- I reserve the right to delete your comments. This isn’t YouTube, this is my blog. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog not mine. Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a)snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
So basically, my goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. I believe this simple comments policy will facilitate this.